CR2G currently gathers together a little over 10 people sharing interest in constraints and related topics, such as: symbolic-numeric computations, interval arithmetic, optimization, multi-criteria decision making; as well as in applications of constraints, such as: program verification, bio-medical engineering. We are also passionate about sharing our passion! So we work on small projects for school kids (elementary, middle, high) and catch any opportunity to go and visit to present them.
We welcome anyone interested in joining our group!
This page is dedicated to reporting our work, findings, activities. Although reporting on all activities of CR2G, it has a special emphasis on reporting on the NSF CAREER project of Dr. Ceberio (01/2010-12/2014) and on the international workshop, CoProD, that the group annually organizes.
- OPEN POSITIONS (as of spring 2012): 1 PhD student Research Assistant positions available (starting in summer or fall 2012) and Undergraduate students are also very welcome to join our team (any time ) and work on constraints and optimization.
Life of CR2G:
- Luis Gutierrez will be attending ICST’2012, April 17-21, in Montreal, Canada.
- Giving back to the community: CR2G members will be helping repaint a shelter for women, Villa Maria in El Paso, on Saturday March 3rd.
- Grand Opening of the Computer Science and Chemistry Building at UTEP on March 2nd: CR2G is presenting posters on the third floor of the building.
- Angel Garcia Contreras presented our team’s work at the INFORMS OS Conference in Corral Gables on February 23rd-26th.
- February 10, 2012: the CR2G team helped a lot in the preparation and hosting of the awards ceremony for the NCWIT El Paso Las Cruces affiliate of the Awards for Aspirations in Computing
- Luis Gutierrez, undergraduate student, received a COURI scholarship for the spring 2012
- Summer 2011: 6 high-school students to join our team
- August 28, 2010: Shubhra Datta performs at the Indian Cultural Program at Magoffin Auditorium at UTEP. See here the video of her performance and her pictures: picture1, picture 2.
- August 20, 2010: Deadline for submission of contribution to CoProD’10 to be held at the ENS, Lyon, France on September 30, 2010, right after SCAN’10.
- August 6, 2010: Jeremy Cummins, Summer REU student with CR2G this summer, will present his work on a Hybrid Optimization Algorithm for Fuzzy Measure Extraction from 1:30 to 3:00 in the CS department.
- August 1– 7, 2010: ICiS workshop on Optimization in Energy Systems. Martine Ceberio to talk on August 6, 2010 on Global Optimization.
- July 9, 2010: Shubhra Datta (MS student member of CR2G) was awarded a scholarship to attend the 2010 Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing and present her work on constraints for verification of programs there.
- July 8, 2010: The website for NAFIPS’2011 is now available. This international conference will be held in March 2011 in El Paso, Texas, and organized by M. Ceberio and V. Kreinovich (UTEP).
- June 14, 2010: General introduction to Computer Science given at the welcome session for the MSEIP EPCC Summer research program
- June 11, 2010: 2 Nexus interns from Harmony Science Academy of El Paso joined CR2G for a 2-month intern experience
- June 1, 2010: 1 UG student joined CR2G as part of the Summer REU site whose PI is Dr. Olac Fuentes
- April 14, 2010: Lectures on constraint solving at the CS AI course.
- April 16, 2010: Talk on how to write a successful proposal in Engineering A323 from 3 to 4pm
- April 9, 2010: EPCC presentation on Computer Science and Career Choices, at 11:30.
- April, 2010: Shubhra Datta (MS student member of CR2G) was awarded an ACM-W to attend the international conference AAAI-2010.
- March 29-April 2. 2010: Very interesting AIM workshop on Computational Optimization for Tensor Decomposition, Palo Alto, CA